Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Leah and Berry!

I know it has been a while since I posted any new cakes, but to be honest, teaching full time is cutting into my baking time! I've done a few cakes and cupcakes in the past few weeks, but nothing that was blog-worthy.

But now that the sun is out longer and I'm getting a hang of being a full time mom and full time teacher, it's time to get the icing tips out again!

A few months ago Mel called and asked me to do the cakes for Leah and Berry's birthday part this weekend. I was honoured...especially since they live in the city and get 'fancy' cakes at so many different 'fancy' cake shops. Then I realized that I've done all the cakes for her kids--a Barney cake for Leah's 2nd birthday, a dual cake for Leah's 3rd and Berry's 1st birthday, and now another dual cake for their 4th and 2nd birthday! I'm the Dan Family Baker! Yeah!

So this year, I wanted to do another dual cake--but a more cohesive cake with a consistent colour scheme, but with some 'boy' elements and some 'girl' elements.

Here's what I came up with:


Leah was very excited when I arrived at the party with the cake. She's not a big cake eater, but she gobbled up this one!

Anyways, I'm off to watch The Princess and the Frog for the 20th time in a week...

Cheers,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment