Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Monday, May 17, 2010

'Tis the Season

Happy Spring! I was very excited when my colleague asked to me to create a cake for his girlfriend's 30th birthday. When I asked him what he had in mind, he sent me a few photos of two-tiered cakes with a cherry blossom motif. Oh boy. I had never done a cake like this. I had visions of my cake showing up on the front page of CakeWrecks!

But I agreed. And started planning. I searched the web; checked a few books and headed over to Flour Confections for some chocolate fondant and advice. The advice I got--less is more. When you aren't sure whether or not to add another flower, STOP, put down the piping bag and WALK AWAY! Less is More!

So, here is the final result.





No comments:

Post a Comment