Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!



It seems like just yesterday that my Mom brought home the 1978 MG for my Dad on his 40th birthday. I was in grade 8--a mere 13 years old and it was the coolest car I had ever seen. Well, this month my Dad is turning 60. The little car is still going and so is my Dad!

My Mom hosted a surprise birthday party for my Dad at the cottage this weekend and asked my to do a cake for the occasion. My dad loves to golf and so naturally I had to search out a golf design for the cake. I found this design on the Wilton website and modified to a single tier cake. The cake itself is a new recipe--from Confetti Cakes in New York. I just received the book as a birthday present from my friend Jaime, and was dying to try the recipe out. The cake turned out amazing and everyone at the party loved it.

This cake is a chocolate fudge cake, torted and filled with vanilla buttercream. It was then covered in rolled fondant and decorated in fondant accents. I had a great time making this cake--especially since both my daughters stayed asleep long enough for me to get it finished!

The family will be celebrating my dad's birthday next week...I don't know if I have another cake like this in me this week!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment