Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ryce!



When Jerry emailed me to ask for another cake (I had previously done a Yo! Gabba Gabba! cake for his son's 3rd birthday), I was really excited! Jerry is my first repeat customer who is not related to me! His niece loves Hello Kitty, and so he asked me to do a birthday cake for her--and he sent me the design.

At first, I was pretty scared. I had no idea how to go about putting the design on the cake. So I consulted the amazing bakers on Cake Central and got some excellent advice! The plan: ice the cake smooth in butter cream and let it crust. Then pipe the stripes on the top in coloured butter cream and then place the Hello Kitty (made from rolled fondant) on the top! No problem, right?

It actually was a really fun cake to work on! I am very happy with the results, especially since I had been mentally planning this cake for weeks!

So here it is, my first Hello Kitty Cake from a repeat customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment