Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

No Pics of the Birthday Cake

I'm sure Moms everywhere will relate to this. When I have a cake to do for a customer--whether it's my brother-in-law or a random person, I always put a lot of effort into it to make sure it's the best cake that I can do. I bake the cake when Kate is having her nap, and I don't start decorating the cake until both Kate and Rachel are in bed for the night. That way, there are no distractions or interruptions.

This is never the case when it comes to Rachel's birthday cake. For a third year in a row, I've had to resort to making her cake the day of the party, and decorating it with less than an hour to go before we rush out the door to the play gym, or before the first guest arrives. This year, I had the cake baked on Friday afternoon, with the intention of decorating it on Friday night. Well, 9pm rolled around and I hadn't slept in 4 days and Rob really sick and tired--and tired and sick. So we decided that he would take the girls out Saturday morning so I could decorate in peace and quiet.

Saturday morning arrived and my poor, over worked, stressed out husband had a massive migraine.

Needless to say, the cake finally got decorated at 12:30pm--in 30 min. Grrr...Not the cake I had hoped to do for Rachel's 3rd birthday. Oh Well. C'est la vie.

So no pics of the boring white princess cake. Maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment