Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scientific Gingerbread Houses

On the last day of classes before the holidays, I asked my students if they would like to decorate gingerbread houses. There was an overwhelming response of YES! Many of my students had never decorated a gingerbread house before.

So off I went to purchase 17 pre-fab nut-free gingerbread houses from the Bulk Barn. The deal was: I would bring the houses and the Royal Icing. I would build the house, and the kids would bring their own candy and decorate them!

Here are the houses all lined up in the Biology room, ready to be decorated:



The students had a great time decorating the houses, and there was only one "slightly inappropriate" house. Oh well. What do you expect with 4 grade 11 boys decorating a gingerbread house?

Here are the finished houses:



Here are a few other pics from that day!








No comments:

Post a Comment