Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Last Cake of My Mat Leave...(sniff!)


In February, when I decided to extend my mat leave for an extra 6 months (and effectively giving up all forms of government financial support), I started to advertise my fledgling cake business. It started out as word-of-mouth advertising and of course--Facebook. I had the opportunity to do lots of different cakes (and 5 Spiderman cakes!) and have really enjoyed to relaxing part of cake decorating.

Well the time has come, and I must return to work on Tuesday (sniff!). I don't think that I'm going to have much time or energy to be baking cakes and teaching full time (I'm a high school teacher). So this may be the last cake for a while.

This cake was done to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of the parents of a former student of mine. Nikki called me and asked for a simple 'wedding like' cake to have at the surprise party she was hosting with her sibings.

It was the first time I had tried a stacked cake using a cake recipe from Confetti Cakes--it was much denser than my usual cake and stacked beautifully! It had a wonderful crunch top that I trimmed off and had for dessert with my husband.

I hope that Nikki's parents liked the cake and have a wonderful time celebrating their 25th Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment