Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Uncle Jay!



My brother-in-law, Jason, turned the big 31 on Friday and Rob and I headed down to Toronto to help him celebrate this milestone! My sister asked me to do the cake for the party. It was a very long, stressful week and I was tapped out of creativity by the time Thursday night rolled around. Let's just say I was in bed 10 minutes after the cakes came out of the oven--the decorating would have to wait until Friday. However, I both girls home all day on Fridays...so the timing was going to be tricky!

Nap time rolled around, and I put my eldest daughter to bed and she insisted that she wasn't tired. But I can't decorate the cake with her up. So, the deal was she had to stay in her room for 'quiet time' while I decorated Uncle Jay's cake. I wasn't expecting success. But Rachel stayed in her room for 1 hour and 45 min while I madly designed and decorated this cake. Kate (the little one) woke up as I was putting the motorcycle on the top. Talk about perfect timing!

Jason has a sport bike that he loves to drive on the weekends in the country. I bought the toy bike at Wal-mart and propped it on top of the cake using hidden bamboo skewers. The cakes are double fudge chocolate iced in vanilla buttercream with fondant 'road' accents.

We had a great time at the party, and everyone loved the cake!

Happy Birthday, Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment