Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Monday, March 9, 2009

My First Fondant Cake


My good friend Joan and I traded baking services. Her specialty is gingerbread cookies--they are so, so good! So in exchange for two birthday cakes, she decorated 50 of the most amazing gingerbread cookies for me for my daughter's first birthday party.

This is the first time I have ever attempted to cover a cake in rolled fondant. The piping is a little sketch, as the stability and pressure is different than piping on a cake iced in butter cream. A little more practice and I should have it down! The fondant was really easy to work with, and I'm really looking forward to trying it again!

This is a 6", french vanilla cake torted and filled with vanilla butter cream and raspberry jam. It was then covered in rolled fondant and decorated with lavender butter cream.

I hope Mary Lou, Joan and her parents really enjoy this birthday treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment