Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dylan


This was my first customer who randomly found my blog off the Internet! Yeah! Whoo Hoo! Laura found my craigslist posting and really liked what she saw on my cake blog, so she sent me a quick email on Thursday night asking for a peanut-free cake for her son, Dylan. Dylan loves playing hockey and is having his 12th birthday party today. 

After many emails back and forth, Laura decided on a French Vanilla 9 x 13 cake with vanilla butter cream icing. Dylan's favourite NHL team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, so we decided this logo was very fitting for his birthday cake. 

It was the very first time I had made a cake for a stranger with no guarantee that they would show up to pay for the cake. Thankfully, Laura and her daughter stopped by right on time and picked up the cake!

This cake cost $30. 

Now, let me tell you about the many many cupcakes I had to make the night before...

No comments:

Post a Comment