Cakes By Casey

Delicious homemade, peanut-free baked goodies!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!


When I was doing my cake decorating course in the fall, all the decorated cakes would end up at my daughter's montessori schol on Thursday morning. The teacher's loved it (although they claimed their waistlines were hurting from all the cake!) and couldn't wait to see what was going to show up each week. 

Since I'm not doing Course III this winter, Ms. Farah's tummy was having cravings today for some of my cake. So in honour of their Winter Carnival tomorrow, I threw some cupcakes in the oven and out came 2 dozen beautiful snowflakes! And like all good snowflakes, no two are alike!

I also discovered tonight that 'self rising flour' and 'cake and pastry flour' are NOT the same thing! I tried to make Banoffee Cupcakes--banana and toffee cupcakes with whipped cream and dulce de leche topping. I didn't make it to the topping, as the cupcakes didn't rise. They are little hockey pucks of banana and toffee bits. I tried one, and it sank to the bottom of my stomach like a rock. Okay, so I'm going to need to find a better option to bring to my Mommies Group tomorrow.

Grr...

No comments:

Post a Comment